Every year, Bande à Part offers artists and craftspeople a support for sound postproduction program to encourage one or more projects whose completion is jeopardized by a lack of proper funding. This initiative grants projects access to sound editing rooms, a recording studio, a location sound recording service, and the co-op’s sound library.
A total of five thousand dollars ($5,000.00) will be granted fully or partially to one or more productions. Please note that this amount may not be used to cover the fees paid to sound editors or other professionals associated with the project.
This program targets audio, video, film, and new media artists, as well as producers for these projects. For the sake of equity, artists and production companies can only submit one project a year.
All projects lacking proper funding for completion are eligible: short and feature films, fiction, documentary or experimental films, video art, sound art, animation, online content, podcasts, etc.
Submissions must include the following:
- Script and director’s note of intention (a particular focus on sound is desirable)
- Financial structure (detailing confirmed, expected and denied sources of funding)
- Detailed sound postproduction budget (for a better idea, you can request a quote from the studio)
- Itemized requested or anticipated services
- Artists’ resumes
- Anticipated sound postproduction collaborators (co-op members)
- Distribution or promotion strategy
- Supporting documents (rough cut, demo, etc.)
- Duly completed form
A jury made up of two co-op members and one audiovisual professional will review the submissions and reach a decision within thirty business days of the application deadline. Jury members must be impartial and must not be associated, contractually or otherwise, with any of the projects submitted in the current year.
The jury will decide based on the following criteria:
- The project must stand out for its original approach
- The project must call for a creative treatment of sound
- The project must have a potential for visibility
- The project must depend on the co-op’s financial support for completion
Procedure: The application form and all pertinent information can be downloaded here.
For the sake of the environment, the application form and the download links for the supporting documents must be emailed to this address, with the following subject title: “Postproduction Support 2020– xxproject titlexx.”
Application deadline: December 18, 2020
Announcement of winning project(s): February 1st, 2021